Monday, October 19, 2009

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

2/5

Professor Robert Langdon is back! This time he's in Washington DC, trying to save his friend Peter from a very certain death at the hand of a lunatic seeking the lost word, which will make him the most powerful man in the world. His sidekick is Katherine, Peter's sister, a noetic scientist who analyses the power of the mind on objects and events. This adventure focuses on the Masonic world, myths, and symbols.

I really enjoyed The Da Vinci code, didn't read Angels and Demon, and was interested in this book. I was disappointed. I didn't really care for the story itself -quite boring and without surprises. I felt that Brown's main goal was to impress the reader with his knowledge of symbols and of the Masons without linking much of the knowledge to the story. Readers who like puzzles will evidently enjoy this book, since Langdon has to fit all the pieces and symbols together. The end of the book sounds like a summary of The Secret, whereby our minds are the center of the world and have the power to alter anything. After finishing the book, I felt I lost my time and didn't care much for what I had learnt about the Masons -much of which I have already forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment